Child causes early morning fire at apartment in Vero Beach - VeroNews: Vero Beach Public Safety

Welcome!
|
Not you?||
Logout|My Dashboard

Child causes early morning fire at apartment in Vero Beach

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:38 am

VERO BEACH – A child playing with a lighter caused a morning fire at the Shadowbrook Apartments, according to Indian River County Fire Rescue Capt. Joe Earman.

“The mother got it pretty much out,” said Earman.

The apartment, according to Fire Rescue, is still habitable.

“It doesn’t take much,” said Earman when asked how a mattress catches fire.

Two fire engines, an ambulance, and a Vero Beach Police unit responded to the call.

No injuries were reported. The American Red Cross's assistance was not needed.

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
  • 7 Stay on Topic.Keep comments on the topic of the article. Comments unrelated to the article or the issue at-hand will be subject to removal.

Welcome to the discussion.